8 Aug 2011: UGRAD 2011/2012 Pre-departure Orientation
5 Malaysian UGRADers who are embarking on their Global UGRAD journey this Fall attended a Pre-Departure Orientation at Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE). This orientation was hosted by Dr James Coffman (Executive Director) and Ms Kaliswary (Fulbright Program Officer) to provide helpful information on preparing to leave Malaysia, arrival in the U.S. and adjusting to life on a U.S. college campus before they board the flight to the United States of America!
Attending U.S. universities, participating in community service and internships, living with scholars from different parts of the world, traveling and so much more, the Global UGRAD Exchange Program will surely be a life-changing experience. They will get to realize their American dreams by spending 1-year or 1-semester in America.
These 5 UGRADers will be traveling all alone to their respective universities this August. Let's meet our 2011/2012 Malaysian UGRADers:
1. Amy - Arrived safely at St Cloud State University, Minnesota. She is looking for her CaptainS of America! =P
2. YuPing - Also arrived safely at the University of Missouri - Columbia. She lost her luggage but got back the next day.
3. Nasha - Arrived safely at the University of Gulf Coast Florida. Say 'hi' to Disney World & beautiful beaches!
4. WeiJiet - Is going to Augustana College, a private college at South Dakota.
5. Wilson - Is going to Marymount University, a private university at Arlington, Virginia state which is just few minutes away from Washington DC.
6. Kimberly - She will be leaving in Spring semester to Minnesota State University.
7. Amirul - He is going to Univeristy of Minnesota, Twin Cities next Spring. Seems like everyone is going to Minnesota!
8. LeeLian - She is going to University of Evansville, Indiana next Spring.
10 Aug 2011: UGRAD 2010/2011 Debriefing Session
The third batch of Malaysians UGRADers who have successfully completed their UGRAD journey gathered at the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) to receive their certificates from Dr. James Coffman, MACEE Executive Director. Guest of honor, U.S. Ambassador Paul Jones was also present at the event to welcome back UGRAD, ILEP, and Fulbright Grantees.
UGRAD returnees also spent some time presenting about their fabulous experiences in the States that build ties and knowledge. They also expressed their gratitude to the US Department of States, MACEE, World Learning and the Global UGRAD program for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
"To many of us, we've never imagined that we would ever have the opportunity to study abroad, especially in the US; but the Global UGRAD program had made this far away dream come true!!"
"Even though our journey had ended, I'm sure we'll always carry all these amazing experiences that we've had throughout this journey for the rest of our lives!"
Credits to Wilson Beh for the pictures.